By accessing this website (the “website”), you acknowledge these terms and conditions of use and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to these terms, please discontinue accessing the website immediately.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these terms and conditions at any time and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates.
The content of the website is published by My Brokers INC. (“MYBROKERS”), a licensed insurance agency in Edmonton. The regulator governing the insurance sector in Edmonton is the Alberta Treasury Board & Finance. You can visit board’s website at https://www.alberta.ca/insurance.aspx
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Life insurance advice
- The website includes our Life Insurance Recommendation Engine, which consists of content and recommendations intended to provide you with decision support related to insurance. The results of our Life Insurance Recommendation Engine are based on preliminary data provided by you. The results are provided for your personal information and education only. Your insurance needs may differ from what is described in the results, depending on details we did not capture in our Recommendation Engine (including but not limited to, the terms of your employer-provided insurance coverage, the terms of your existing life insurance policies, your exceptional dependent needs, and your health history). The Life Insurance Recommendation Engine should not be interpreted as a recommendation to buy or forego any insurance product without doing further research on your own or with a financial professional. Although we use reasonable efforts to ensure the results are accurate, no representation or warranty, expressed or impled, is given with respect to their accuracy or with respect to the accuracy of any other content.
- The information, articles and descriptions contained on our blog or other areas of the website are not intended to be complete and accurate descriptions of all terms, conditions and exclusions of the product and services- in all cases, you must look to the specific terms and conditions or agreement applicable to the specific product or service provided to your applicable third-party insurance carrier.
- The information, articles and descriptions contained on our blog or other areas of the website are not intended to provide legal, accounting, or tax advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. Please consult with a professional expert with respect to your particular circumstances.
Life insurance quotes and brokering
- Our services may also include our preparation of quotes and brokering and transacting of sales to you of third-party insurance products. We are a licensed independent insurance broker. We do not underwrite any insurance policy made available to you through the Services. Any insurance policy premium quotes or ranges displayed on the website or through the Services are non-binding. The final insurance policy premium for any policy is determined by the underwriting insurance company following application. Insurance products and their availability may vary by your individual circumstances. The third-party insurance products offered for sale through the website are only available in the jurisdictions in which we are properly licensed.
- Any and all insurance products quoted or sold through the website are third-party products and are not our products. We make no presentations or warranties with respect to such products, and we accept no liability in connection with such products. All such products are provided to you pursuant to the terms and conditions of the insurance carriers providing such products, and all questions, concerns or disputes with any such products should be raised with the insurance carrier providing such products and not with us.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the material contained on the website is accurate at the time of publication. However, My Brokers will not under any circumstances be liable to you or any other person in any way for any loss or damages (direct, indirect, special, economic, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary, including without limitation loss of revenue, data, anticipated profits or lost business) in respect of use of, or inability to use, or any reliance on, the website, any of its content or links (including without limitation any inaccuracies or viruses), or any web browser or other equipment.
- By accessing the website, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless My Brokers and its agents, suppliers and their respective directors, officers and employees from and against any and all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with a breach of these terms and conditions or the use of this website.
Copywrite and Trademark
- The contents of the website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws. Unauthorized use or exploitation of such content is strictly prohibited including without limitation, unauthorized downloading, retransmission, storage in any medium, copying, redistribution, reproduction, or republication of the website, or any part thereof, for any purpose.
- The framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining of the website or any of its content in any form and by any method is strictly prohibited.
- Links to other sites should not be taken as My Brokers endorsement or approval of such other sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services, nor is any liability assumed for incompatibility, non-suitability, viral infection or other destructive/disruptive components on or from such other sites.